Life in the Triangle

In 1999, my wife Kathy and I moved to The Triangle Area of North Carolina from California. Interesting area, the Triangle. Here are some of our experiences.

Google

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Garner TV and Appliance, Part II

In a previous post, I talked about updating our kitchen and purchasing all the new appliances at Garner TV and Appliance. As it turns out, we did just that. After visiting the store at my convenience to see what they had to offer, and after speaking to sales representatives at Garner TV and Appliance, I went home to do my homework.

I knew that much of the research I needed to do I could do at home on the Internet - that's just the way I get my information. Any questions I'd have I could wait till I spoke to the salesperson on the floor.

So using the data from Garner TV and Appliance and the WWW, I made my final choices. We were prepared to buy a microwave, a dishwasher, a range, and a refrigerator.

Salesperson Rich Holland, the gentleman who was so helpful during our washer purchase, was happy to help me understand all the features of the selections I had made. He worked with me through the ordering process, during which he and his colleagues presented an air of professionalism and courtesy one would expect when making such a relatively large personal purchase.

I had a rough idea of what the total was going to be based on Internet prices. Given our experience with the washer, I now had somewhat of an expectation that the costs for the four appliances may be around or even slightly less than the Internet totals. Sure enough, that was the case. With the exception of the range, the remaining costs were about the same as the prices I could get on the Internet. The range was slightly higher, but certainly not enough to make me want to purchase this or any other appliance elsewhere than Garner TV and Appliance.

Rich was also able to work with me for a particular delivery concern I had, which shows this establishment's willingness to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. Speaking of the extra mile, Rich actually drove out of his way to my house to deliver to me a broiler pan after I learned the oven was missing the part. (It turns out, GE stopped shipping the pan with the oven, but the owner's manual still referenced it.) How many appliance salespeople do you know who make house calls?

Bottom line, you probably can't get any better than Garner TV and Appliance for your appliance purchases if you live in the Triangle area. Do yourself a favor next time you're in the market for good service and prices on your appliance purchases and give Garner TV and Appliance a call at (919) 772-3757.
.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home